Western Turner Syncline
Cables Australia supplied the following products for the Western Turner Syncline 33kV project, managed by Rio Tinto at Tom Price in WA.
- 130,000m aerial conductor including AAAC/1120 PHOSPHORUS, ACSR/GZ CHERRY and ACSR/GZ APPLE overhead conductor
- 246 x 14m steel poles rated at 16kN including intermediate, termination and clean skin poles
- Pole hardware including earth riser bars, cross arms & insulator stand off brackets
- 12,000m of 120mm Cu/PVC Earth
- 10,000m of 60 Core Loose Tube Gel Filled (LTGF) SMOF
The biggest issue faced with this particular order was the break bulk shipping requirements for the poles. Cables Australia offered an innovative and cost effective solution to ship the poles, cable and hardware direct from China to Port Hedland, saving internal freight costs from Perth.
The combined order was almost $2m and the installation of the cable and poles was completed in early 2015 with only positive feedback in regard to testing, quality and packaging.
"Contraflow would like to thank Cables Australia for their professional and timely delivery of goods for the WTS project. All items were delivered to site in good condition and we have had no problems with quality in installation, commissioning or testing. In particular, we would like to commend Cables Australia on the quality of the poles and pole hardware. Contraflow would highly recommend Cables Australia for HV, poles and conductor supply in Western Australia."
Glen Avery - Project Manager, Contraflow